Heart patients who ate healthy diets enjoyed significant and traceable heart benefits. This included:
- 35% reduction in death
- 14% reduction in risk of heart attack
- 28% reduction of heart failure
- 19% reduction of stroke
Recommendations for a Healthy Heart
This study, conducted out of McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, recommended a healthy diet rich in the following foods, among others:
- fresh herbs instead of salts and spices
- black beans with heart healthy folate, antioxidants, magnesium, and fiber
- red wine with healthy antioxidants
- salmon with omega-3's which may helpt to regulate heart beats
- tuna with similar omega- 3 power
- extra- virgin olive oil with both antioxidants and monosaturated fats
- walnuts, which can help to lower cholesterol and reduce artery inflammation
- almonds, which help to lower cholesterol and diabetes risk
- edamame which help to lower blood triglycerides
- tofu, which is rich in many kinds of heart healthy fats, fibers, protein, you name it
- sweet potatoes, which are low in glycemic index
Try asking your doctor for the full list. There are many kinds of foods which can help you to attack heart disease. Perhaps if people begin eating healthier, they can avoid the complications associated with many heart medications.
Heart Medications Can Have Severe Complications
It's no secret that there are a variety of medicines on the market which can hurt patients more than they could help them, depending upon the drug and the unique circumstances. Among the drugs cited as dangerous is Pradaxa, an anti-coagulant blood thinner taken to prevent blood clots and stroke. However, this drug does not have a reversal agent, making it extremely dangerous to someone who may fall and hit their head. Potentially, patients could experience fatal bleed outs as a result.
If eating healthy could prevent the need for potentially deadly medications, shouldn't it at least be a consideration for heart patients? For patients who have instead gone the route of medication, if you have suffered an injury as the result of your heart medication, you may be entitled to compensation. Try calling a skilled product liability and personal injury attorney to discuss your case.