What to Do About Your Work Injury
Sometimes, the process doesn't go so smoothly. If you've been injured at work, you could be facing an uphill battle trying to collect money from the state's Workers' Compensation insurance fund. You could also face resistance at work and financial uncertainty. Help yourself out after your work injury with the following steps:
- seek immediate medical help
- collect witness information- names, numbers, contact info
- take pictures of the scene and the hazardous conditions on your cell phone
- document the work injury by filing the proper paperwork at your job and follow up with emails to ensure they received the proper paperwork
- hire a work injury lawyer to fight for your compensation
In a perfect world, if all you had to do after your injury was report it, you wouldn't need personal injury attorneys or work injury attorneys. However, we don't live in a perfect world. That's why it's important to obtain the legal counsel you need to collect the compensation you are due. Talk to a skilled work injury attorney today to discuss your case.